Sunday 14 September 2008

Something to share ...

Hmmm , this blog seem abandoned . I am wondering if there is any life coaching gathering recently ? Did you girls meet up ? How are you girls ? How are your poly lives ? How are you all coping with studies ? Anything to share ? Tons of questions I wanted to ask all of you ... 

Anyway , I had something to share ...

I was partnering this person , let's call her P , to do a pair assignment . During our first meeting to do the assignment , it was alright , we did stuff together . Then the next lesson she didn't come , so I started doing a little on my own .

Then the third week , the lecturers had to check our work . Two days before , I message her to asked if she wants to meet up and complete the part where the lecturer wanted to check . She did not reply . So , I did the assignment alone . She didn't turn up on the checking day . The next day she claimed that she didn't receive my message and because her cousin died , she couldn't come for lesson . I had my doubt . She even claim that she didn't know about the checking day , I pointed to her that its was printed on the assignment sheet . She said to me , ' We must do ... because there will be a check ' when we first read our assignment sheet ,

As weeks passes , she still didn't turn up for the class where we had to do our assignment . Then before the break , I arranged to meet with her to do the assignment so that during the break we could asked the lecturer . She was reluctant to stay back after school , so we arranged meeting on the day of the consultation . On that day , she message me that she is late and could not make it .

Then it was the week of submitting the assignment . I asked if she could meet me on monday . She said she could and will find me after her lab class . And so I waited and waited .

The next day , she told me that she had changed handphone and so she lost my number . Also she tried to enter my hostel but they didn't let her in . My hostel had a reception , if she had tried to go in , they could have called me from the reception . I knew she was telling lie but I kept my cool .  

Then on Wednesday , she finally could stay . We did our assignment together . As there are lots to be done , I was expecting to stayed back late . But she said , her boyfriend will helped us checked our work and she borrowed stuff that I had done alone to show her boyfriend . She even promised to meet after that . And so I waited and waited . Till close to 10 pm , she message me that her boyfriend had checked our stuff and redid many things .

The next day , she gave me a heart attack . She left the stuff at home . I was super afraid that she had lost my things or tried to submit my stuff as her own . Then she went home to get it . I am glad that she didn't lose my stuff  . When I take a look at the things she claimed she did and had took her the entire night . I asked her some questions like which value she used and what diagrams should be submitted , she gave me all the wrong answers and even gave me a irritated attitude . As I looked closely at the work , I realized it was her boyfriend doing the work .

Then during the break , I went to look for in lab because she said she was staying till 5 pm , but she wasn't there . I messaged and emailed  her and ask her what time she will be available so that we can compile our work the next day . There was still one unknown part , she is suppose to calculate the shaft diameter . And so I waited and waited . 

Then finally , I dropped her a call , she told me that she had submitted her work . She couldn't contact me because her handphone is out of credit . She had drop an email to the lecturer to inform him about this . I quickly head to the reception to hand in my stuff and luckily even though its was little later than the stated time . The receptionist stamped the date I hand up my work instead of the day after that . So it was not consider late .

After handing up the assignment , I realized that I might have put in the wrong shaft diameter , I called her again and checked with her . She told me that there is no shaft diameter . If there is no shaft diameter , how could she have draw the shaft ?  There is only two possibilities , either her boyfriend did it or she didn't want to tell me . I decided to keep my doubts and forget about it .  As for the standard of the assignment done , I tried my best ...

P also skipped Math lectures and  tutorials and will ask me if she could copy the sample test from me . The sample test is same as the test paper just that the values are changed . So who have answers to the sample test will definitely pass the pass . I was reluctant to lend her because I think its unfair . But I had said that I will be there . So I asked another friend to lend it to her . Through that friend , I found out that P had also asked her to lend her to copy . I felt a little betrayed .

After all had happened , my conscience is clear . As Mirabel had advised , I should draw a line with her in friendship . I will distant myself from her . This will be part of my experience . As for me , through this incident , I felt a little scared and uncertain about other issues like what had  she had email the lecturer because she told me that she told the lecturer that I was un-contactable , whether I will face a penalty for handing up split part work . 

I am glad its all over for the assignment ... 

-BELINDA-

No comments: